lacto calamine lotion review

Hey guys, today I will be reviewing the lacto calamine lotion (for oily skin)

About this product:

Lacto Calamine has been an age-old trusted brand since long. And now apart from the lotion for oily skin, this brand has come up with many other useful products like the aloe vera lotion for normal to dry skin. Also, it has face washes for both skin types and a common facial scrub ❤❤

This particular product which I am talking of is the lacto calamine lotion for oily skin which is a thick pink liquid and the consistency is like that of a foundation. It comes in a white bottle with a cap but with time the watery part starts  separating out and a thick foundation like cream is left stuck on the walls of the bottle which gets wasted ultimately because you can’t take it out. It’s best to shake the bottle well every time before use.

Product description:

  • Lacto Calamine brings to you a clay-based lotion which provides Oil Balance for up-to 8-hrs through its unique 3-way action to give you a soft and supple skin every day. Lacto Calamine Oil Balance Lotion provides oil balance through its unique Kaolin Clay Therapy and 3-way action.
    • Absorbs excess oil
    • Does not remove essential oil
    • Retains natural moisture
    • Helps unclog pores with its anti-germ properties
    • Provides additional moisture
    • Provides Oil Balance for upto 8-hrs
    • Especially formulated for oily skin


Usage directions:

  • Shake the lotion bottle before use.
  • Take a little lotion in your palm and apply it in dots on your face and neck.
  • Gently spread it all over, ensuring that you rub it into your skin for at least 20-30 seconds.
  • For best results, use Lacto Calamine lotion twice a day.



183 INR for 120 ml

My take on this product:

If you haven’t used lacto calamine before, then I bet, on first use, you won’t like it, because we don’t come across similar products from other brands. It’s neither a moisturising lotion nor a foundation. This is a unique formulation which I feel, is a bliss for oily skin. So, I would highly recommend that you shouldn’t stick to your first impression about this product and continually use it for at least a month before framing a concrete opinion on this product.

The product doesn’t specifically mention any time of usage but I personally would recommend night time usage. There’s no good reason to use it during daytime because it neither has sunscreen elements (except a mild one, which isn’t enough) nor it gets completely absorbed in the skin. Only 30% of the product gets absorbed in the skin and the rest 70% sits on your skin , also leaving a whitish cast. But once it dries up, it doesn’t look bad..

Basically, what you can expect from this product on overnight application is to dry up on your skin giving a matte finish and this absorbs all the oil and sebum produced from your skin overnight and thus this excess sebum can’t clog your pores and cause breakouts.

Moreover it calms down any pimple that is just about to pop out.

Also, if you face the problem of pimple rashes,  i.e. mini bumps on your skin due to small oil clogs, then regular overnight application of this lotion literally erases out all these mini bumps!

In one line, this product is a must have for normal to oily skin!

 I would give it a thumbs up 👍 for:

  • Affordable
  • Easily available
  • Controls oil
  • Prevents breakouts
  • Helps dry out acne
  • Cures pimple rashes

I would give it a thumbs down 👎 for:

  • Inconvenient packaging which leads to wastage of a lot of product.

How much would I rate it out of 5:

4.5 out of 5



For more such interesting stuff, follow me on social media:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *